Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Seeing Spots

It's no secret that I love leopard print.  In fact it's one of those timeless prints that I'm always drawn to.  Whether it be a pair of heels, or a dress, or jacket- if it's leopard I most likely love it.

I am pretty picky about the look of the leopard prints that I like.  I can't even explain it... but some designers just don't do leopard right!

When I found this leopard pencil skirt on eBay for only a few bucks I had to snag it.  It's from the Kardashian Kollection... and it's so cute!

Blazer: Lookbookstore.com, Neon Striped T-Shirt: Wal-Mart- Old, Leopard Pencil Skirt: Kardashian Kollection- eBay, Blue Suede pumps: Aldo- eBay




Anytime Watch from Jewelmint, Alex and Ani Bangles, Colored Bangles: Target

Aldo Pumps, Blue Vintage Stone Earrings: Thrifted

You can mix stripes and leopard print without it looking too crazy.  The key is to pick large prints, and then mix them with a smaller print.  In my case I have 2 large prints and they aren't so crazy that they end up complimenting each other, but if I had small leopard print and small stripes it would be a whole lot going on.  The solid blazer also tones down the whole look.  But you could also wear a solid cardigan instead of a blazer.  I also tied in my jewelry with the outfit.  By wearing blue earrings and blue shoes the blue doesn't look out of place, and the orange on my bracelets compliments the orange top.

What prints do you like to mix?

Luves,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment